It’s the end of the year and your drowning in end of the year duties and paperwork…. BUT you can’t stop thinking about the excitement of next school year. I get it- you are not alone! Here are some tips for getting prepared for next school year.
1) Reflecting On The Classroom Management & Organization
Take a look around your classroom and think back over the past school year. Ask yourself these questions…
- Did my decor hold up?
- What would have made centers run smoother?
- Did I have to keep moving something because it was in the way?
- Does the room look too cluttered or visually busy?
- Did I always have to get up from group or a lesson to get something?
If you have thought of something that could use some tweaking, NOW is the time to start coming up with a solution or plan. You might even want to write your thoughts down so when it gets down to the end of summer you can remember them.
No worries! I have some blog posts with tips to help you plan…
2.) Designing A Schedule That Promotes Engaged Learning
Research is clear… building in movement leads to better learning. Sounds great, right?! It can be tricky to think of how it will look in special ed. Many times our students get revved up easily which can make teachers skeptical about adding it in to the day.
Don’t let fear stop you!! This research can be implemented. Check out these blog posts to help you get started:
3) Make New Personalized Visuals & Decor
4) Make Copies Now!
5) Gather All The Info!!
Learn more about our data and work centers HERE.
Don’t forget to pin this post so you can refer back to it!!